violents

i have a 2 year old son that is gettin to be very violent and i dont know where he is picking it up from...its started as just hittin a little but last night he thru a spatchula at his dad and cut his dads nose open and made it start bleeding...i tried time out, taking things, pretending to cry, i dont know wut to do...he just thinks its funny

christian564

Asked by christian564 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's time to call Super Nanny!! No but really maybe you can talk to his pediatrician or maybe talk to his care givers and see if they maybe know where the source of violence is coming from.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 12:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• no thats just it i stay home with him..hes NEVER away from me
    christian564

Answer by christian564 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I know this sounds mean, but you need to do back to him what he does to others so that he can empathize with what he did. He needs to know it hurts when he bites or hits.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 1:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I know we all have very different parenting techniques but if my kid ever thru something at me, anything could be the smallest toy in the house, I would probably spank the hell out of him and put in time out for the rest of the day, because if you let him get away with it the first time I can assure you it will happen again and things can get very very ugly with a child that is not disciplined at a young age. I have a friend that used to think that his child was just aggressive but wasn't capable of hurting anyone, next thing she new, her son threw a rock at some girl at a park and she had to be taken to the hospital for stitches. I'm not saying your child could get that aggressive but its better to discipline them yourself, before some other parent tried to do it, and I know nobody likes their children disciplined by someone else, even if they really need it.
    pascualina11

Answer by pascualina11 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• mine is the same way and a few other ladys i saw post under this topic.what helped mine? time out in carseat faceing the wall give a bottle/sippycup and a bear.dont talk to the child for ten minets.if he falls asleep he was tirerd if not ither way he wont like the isolation but try tickaling first.mine was way worse but this worked for her now the fits are just crying screeming and stomping feet and only when tirerd
    roxieandlily

Answer by roxieandlily at 10:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009