Bachelor party question.....

My hubby is the best man in his cousins wedding, and for the bachelor/bachlorette party they are going to a strip club after a dance club. The bride and groom are the ones who planned this, and the whole wedding party plus spouses are going together.
Here is the problem:
I am nine months pregnant, have bad self esteem, and DO NOT like strippers or clubs or anything of the sort. Hubby doesn't really WANT to go, but feels obligated to go because he is best man, he doesn't want to let his cousin down, but I don't want hubby around strippers.... What should I/he do? Hubby wants me to go, I was also invited to go, but really do not like that situation. Should I put on a happy face and deal with it and go, or wait for him at home going crazy.
( DO NOT bash me on how I feel about the strip club, my feelings are my own)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you and hubby should explain how you feel. They should be respectful of that.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't expect a pregnant women to go...trust me as a bartender a lot of people are uncomfortable around strippers. I honestly feel so sorry for them that it depresses me. I would let him go for a bit and you can pick him up early.....you can just lie and say your not feeling well. No one will call you on it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Personally I would not let my hubby go, just as he would not let me go. Its a respect issue for us, our marriage is more important to us than pleasing another family member or friend. If you arent comfy and hes not comfy going then just DONT go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• anon has a good point.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if your'e 9 months preg then you can pull the "im really not feeling well" excuse and if dh doent want to go, he can say he wants to stay with u. if i was the couple i would definatly understand
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Ask him would you let me work there?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think that they (the bride and groom) are asking for trouble! I know from experience! My DH and I decided to do our party out in wendover. he had a ton of friends go and so did I. we thought it would be a killer awesome idea! It wasnt at all! we ended up fighting cause all the women, or at least most of them were mad when the guys were at the strip club. but we werent so innocent either, we were flirting with guys so that they would buy us drinks! Yeah, thats another thing, we mixed all that with alcohol. what do you get when you mix a bachelor party, a bachelorette party, wendover, and alcohol. you guessed right, DRAMA and FIGHTING! Sad to say but it was the WORST night of my whole relationship with my DH and weve been together for 7 yrs- I would invite your girlie friends over, let your guy go and you spend the night out with the girls and have some fun! Just cause you are prego doesnt mean u cant get dressed up & have fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Neither my husband nor I are big club goers to begin with and my husband knows I don't like the thought of him at a strip club. Here's what I would do, pull the pregnancy card and have your husband pull the "my wife is pregnant" card. He could say "she's pregnant and you know how crazy pregnant women are - seriously I'm a dead man if I set foot in that strip club - just wait until Bride gets pregnant, you'll totally understand then" or something along those lines. Your husband may need to be prepared for the "pussy whipped" type comments and just let them roll off his back. My husband doesn't care what people think, so that would totally work for us. He could go for the part of the first club and then just go home early.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I understand not wanting to go, I wouldn't want to go either. I actually go with what Christina807 said, that sums it all up what I would say. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would thank them for the invitation - but decline with a "well being 9 months pregnant I am just not feeling up to partying right now..." . If your husband does not want to go he should let them know that your health and comfort are his top priority--especially with your due date so close.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2009