My child is out of control

he talks back, doesn't listen

Asked by Falco2004 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How old is he??

Answer by pbjmomi at 2:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Discipline and Consistency.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• he is 3 fixin to be 4 oct 5th

Answer by Falco2004 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• we do dicipline and we stay consitist

Answer by Falco2004 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Download Child Care Guide: My Out-Of-Control Child - eBooks
    The problem is that most parents of defiant, out of control ... -

Answer by vbruno at 3:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We to are having trouble with my 4 yr old. The best thing I found to work wass a reward chart. I bougght a cork board and make it into a calendar and when she goes a full day without acting up she puts a pin in that day and when she makes it a week sshe gets a small reward (barbie, candy etc...) But then when she makes it a whole month we move on to bigger and better rhings(chucke Cheese, Movie, full day swimming etc...) This has seemed to work the best with her. Hope this helps!!

Answer by redtang912 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Supernanny does these and they work MIRACLES:
    other than disciplining and being consistent
    have a schedule and stick to it
    and include one-on-one time with your child, as well as for your child with his father, and for you and your spouse.

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• He needs to be spanked. Saying that it should only be for flat-out rebellion, disrespect, and danger. When these things happen he needs to be spanked to where it hurts bad enough for him not to want to repeat that action. I know it can be hard but it works. If you accept disrespect and rebellion at this age it will get worse. Don't ever spank in anger. Spankings that don't hurt don't work. Talk to him and tell him that talking to you that way or that disobedience is completely unacceptable. Be very firm with him. When he doesn't listen tell him what the consequence will be if he doesn't obey you. Then if he doesn't fulfill that consequence immediately. Don't keep giving him extra chances. That defeats what you're trying to do. Consistancy and immediacy will make the most difference. God bless.

Answer by jackimci at 5:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2008