Would bad sex be enough reason for you to leave a relationship?

After trying new things, books, etc? Would this really be a good reason to get out of a relationship?
Is this really that important and why.. I'd love to hear both sides. I'm very neutral on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• personally, sex isn't a very important part of our relationship. i wouldn't leave because of bad sex. there are other ways to show your affection
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think if there is a good emotional connection the sex will at least be fair. The brain is the most important sexual organ.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My stbx was ONLY concerned about the sex in the relationship and if he wasn't getting any he found it else where and assumed I was doing the same. Not the case, he was just feeling guilty and playing the blame game.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 12:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have left relationships over bad sex but we didn't have that much going on in other areas either. I've also stayed in relationships where there was no sex bc I thought the guy rocked and he was important, not the sex.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I do not believe that bad sex would be a good enough reason to leave. It shouldnt be just physical relationship it should be about how you really feel about the person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if it is a casual relationship then yes but if you are4 in a commited one, bad sex can be improved.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have a different view........sex is sex....what makes it special is the connection between 2 people who truly love each other
    If it is not happening in your heart then it is not meant to be......love making is an art between 2 people
    again sex is sex if there isn't any mutual feelings
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• YES!! There is no way I could withstand a relationship if I was dreading the bedroom! Good, decent sex is one of my requirements. I could not and I know it, I could not stand a relationship for long if I was resentful in the bedroom. I tend to hold long grudges so sex problems have to be solved or at least shown some improvement. BUT, being married I know that over time sexual performance drops and I'm not about to hold that against my dh. There are other ways to scratch that itch without losing the relationship.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• No. Communication in a relationship is more important than the sex, especially once you have children. Sex will go through ups and downs - communication lasts an entire relationship. Putting that much stock in sex now will eventually lead to a downturn in the relationship (what happens when you all get older and the sex wanes? Gotta have something left to the relationship to keep it going).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• No, like everything else in a relationship that takes work to perfect. When you have good communication and openness then you can work on anything. If you can't seem to agree on ANYTHING then I would feel like considering leaving. But only after trying to work on things.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009