Is there a safe alternative to baby formula?

i have a 4 month old son and i need a supplement for formula.

Asked by behtaniedee at 1:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• breastmilk and formula are it. Talk to your doc if you are concerned about the formula available.

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• You can make your own that what you're asking or are you asking about something besides the two?

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• whats wrong with the formula. is he having reactions to all of them? I know on rare occasions when babies jsut cant handle formula a dr will have them drink whole milk and i would assume a vitamin. if you are having issues i would talk to the dr. i think back in the day they used to use a different kind of milk carnation milk.

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• uuhhhhh..... breastmilk?

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• If you can't breast feed, you can make your own formula. Link

Answer by jellyphish at 2:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Human Milk

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• goats milk?

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

•'s called BREASTMILK.

Answer by Sethpatricksmom at 6:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Love all the sarcastic answers ladies! Im sure she would have tried to breastfeed already considering the baby is 4 months old and not suceeded since she is using formula.

The ped has been very clear with us that formula is the only safe alternative to breastmilk. Does it not agree with your baby? But when I was little Mum gave us goats milk (she had to add some stuff to it) but I am not sure if this is still ok. I think my doc told me it wasnt because it did not contain vital proteins and other elements. Remember formula or breastmilk are the main part of the diet for the first 12 months

Answer by mummylovebaby at 7:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i dont know about today, but my brother was given goats milk, b/c he could not drink any thing else,but you know i would ask your doctor first of course.

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 5, 2009