If this is a free country

then why isnt same sex marriage leagal in every state?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• because the separation of church and state is not clearly defined.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Because we're not really a free country afterall.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Ya know, Im not gay. But I've wondered the same thing. Its your right by The Constituation Of The United States Of America 2 love who you want to love. It's no ones business what goes on behind your closed doors. Gays live civilized lives just like straights do.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 1:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• no, wrong!!! Because it would mean the end of our civilization! if everyone were to be gay civilization would end. Period. Our great constitution contains NOTHING about gay marriage, read it. Why can't you be happy with a civil union?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yeah, Bexi, your obama has taken care of that. Voter's remorse?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It is a work in progress.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Wow, anon 2:05. If it were reversed, would YOU be happy with a civil union? Separate but "equal" is rarely equal, only separate. It's unconstitutional to deny a sector of the citizen population their rights based on your religion.

If you people want a christian nation based on your christian principles, please feel free to go start one, because this is NOT it and was never founded as such. I give you six months before civil war breaks out and you all kill each other in the name of one view of god over another. Huh. Win-win.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• In other countries you are put in jail or sentenced to death for being gay. So the fact that US you can do it openly seems free to me.

I have a marriage license but big deal. To me it was just a way the city & state got additional money from me. That paper is not what makes my marriage valid. I only care about how my church views my marriage.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 3:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Because it is up to the STATES to define marriage.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Because people think that what they believe is right and everyone else is going to hell-and that their beliefs should dictate how others live.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 7:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2009