Little toesies...

So both of my kiddos (ages 2 & 5) seem to have skin peeling on their toes, on the bottoms... what causes this? how can I get this to go away and never come back? I understand that our skin at times needs to peel and get rid of the dead skin or whatever, but this often and on almost all of their toesies? Just seemed a little odd to me, maybe its nothing, but I thought I would at least ask!
Thank you in advance to all the kind and generous advice that each one of you gives!!!

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Lotion?
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I put lotion on them everytime they get out of the bath/shower! So I dont think its that...
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• What kind of lotion are you using? Before using any body product, check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Try shea butter or coconut oil; put on dry feet just before bed and then put on socks.
    Are you sure that they are drinking enough water and eating enough healthy fats?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It might also be a dairy sensitivity; try a couple of weeks without.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It might be athlete's foot. Absorbene, JR. or any over the counter foot fungus should resolve the cracking between toes and on the bottom side on the joints of the toes. I had it in college when I lived in the dorms. I had to wear shoes whenever I walked anywhere in the building.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2009