How far along were you when you gave birth?

I found out that only 5% of babies are born on their due date(40 weeks after conception). Why does a due date even exist then? lmao...
Anyhow, I'm trying to see if its more common to give birth early or late, and by approximately how many weeks/days.

***Posting this in both pregnancy and 0-12 months forum :)

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 2:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With DS #1 I was 41 wks. Still have # 2 in the oven lol.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• DS one was born at 33 weeks and one day. I went into labor at 12, 26, 28, 30 and 32 weeks. At 32 weeks I was put on bed rest in the hospitial until a hurricane came through and the meds to prevent labor no longer worked.

DS 2 was 39 weeks and 2 days. I was induced to get ready for christmas. I was also on strict bed rest for 35 weeks.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 2:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I was induced at 39 weeks
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• with ds i was 37w5d. and i went into labor spontaneously
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I had my baby boy 4days after my due date. They tried to induce me 2 days before my due date but I wouldn't let them. I wanted to go into labor naturally. I think it's pretty normal for your first baby to be a little late after the edd.

Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My first, I went into preterm labor at 33 w & 6 d pregnant, but, they stopped it with a shot, meds and bed rest. I went to 40 w & 2 d, and had bright red blood bleeding like a period...went to hospital, baby's heart rate was down to 90. Was induced before my body was ready and ended up with a c-section at 40 w & 3 d.

I'm currently 40 w & 5 d pregnant with my second and wondering when I will go into labor since I'm trying a VBAC. I had some complications in this pregnancy too. At 22 weeks was getting cramps that was causing my uterus to bulge and contract...was put on meds and bed rest then.

My babies try to come early but they end up staying past the due date!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• 39 weeks for my first and 36 weeks for my second :)
    Bella05

Answer by Bella05 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• DS #1 went into labor at 37 weeks 4 days and ended in emergency c-section. DD was scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. DS#2 was scheduled for 36 weeks 4 days after complications, but then went into preterm labor at exactly 36 weeks with emergency surgery and a hysterectomy.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I am 42 weeks today and still no baby yet. MW has suggested to walk and keep hydrated...I am just tired of walking because my legs and feet are killing me.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009