Abandoned Kitten?????

Okay, so I have this kitten that my brother found in the gutters of his house. I do not have any kitten fomula from the store, nor do I have a way to get any till my husband gets home from work in the morning. Am I okay to warm up some 2% till then and use a eyedropper to feed this little guy. He is screaming his head off over here. I refuse to just let him die, so I need some advice. This kitten is so young its eyes are not even open, it is maybe just a few days old. What now??....sigh...

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pets

• Sounds like you've got some good advice. I hope the little kitty makes it. I'm currently fostering some kittens. We rescued 6 kittens from under our house. We've gotten 3 adopted out and there are 3 left. It's a great feeling watching them get healthy and strong. It's a wonderful thing you are doing and I wish there were some more people out there like you.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• seems like the 2% milk would be better than nothing for it...poor kitty :(
    ErinPritt

Answer by ErinPritt at 2:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Is there an emergency vet clinic near you that you can call and ask? That's what I would do.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• this is what a vet told me.mix some milk with an egg ,and feed it to the kitten.the egg gives it protein.
    mamaflower

Answer by mamaflower at 8:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yeah, the 2% is fine for now. When you get a chance, the grocery store should have some formula made special for kittens. Hope the little makes it.... Good Luck.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Since the kitten is that young you will also need to make it go potty.This is done by wiping it's bottom with a warm wet cotton ball until it piddles and poops.The baby will need to be fed every 2 hours around the clock until it is about 10 days old,then you can feed every 4-6 hours.It is alot of work but well worth it when you have a healthy cat.At 3 1/2 - 4 weeks start introducing the kitten to lapping out of a dish,then start to add soft food.Also at this time start teaching it to use the litter box.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 2:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thank You all for the helpful advice. Unfortunately the little guy passed away yesterday evening while I was holding him. We believe he was sick from being stuck out in unseasonably cold weather from the night before he was found.. I followed all advise, but it was not enough for him. I am just happy that he passed away knowing that he was important and was being cared for, instead of passing away in a cold roof gutter. Thanks again!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2009