Should a husband have "me time"?

Should husbands/Father have "me time" after comming home from work even if the wife /Mother is still at work practically 24/7?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes!! Should the wife have "me time" yes! We all need it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes!!! If my husband and I dont get me time, we end up at each others throats. I love my quiet time, it helps me reassess what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. Being bipolar, not having me time is bad for my health honestly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think so! They work too and they might work one job, but come home and do another job! but my hubby is mil and it's nice for him to just come home and sit without being yelled at or running for miles, and stuff. I guess also, my me time is just laying in his arms. but he's been gone for 11 mo so as soon as he gets back I will get my me time, and he will get his too!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think that a man should have some me time after a busy day at work, like an hour to wind down. I have been blessed in the fact that when my SO comes home, if I'm not feeling well he usually will jump right in and do the kitchen for me or get the kids. I think it's not an unreasonable request if he asks for some "down time" before helping with housework. I do clean and laundry and activities with the kids, but you know that no matter how much we clean the kids come right behind us and can mess it up just as quickly LOL. I know our jobs as mothers is extremely stressful, but I don't mind if he takes a break when he comes home. However most days the kids are all over him so he rarely gets a "break" LOL until they go outside to play in the yard.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am not trolling or being b*tchy, but me time ends when you have kids. Nothing is about you anymore. My oldest son is going to be 17 in 2 days, I have 2 other children I have not had what you all call me time in 17 years. and probably won't have "me time" for another lifetime. Why do you all find me time necessary, I actually tried locking my bathroom door when I bathed so my daughter (6 at the time) would not come in, but it was weird. I felt like I was shutting her out, so I am accessible to meet my kids and hunny's needs 24/7. I no longer have needs, I have kids.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 3:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have me time, it helps me to be a better mom. My dh also has me time. That isn't to say that our kids don't come first, or that their needs don't come first. But, I think it's important to not only show our kids that they are important, but that it's ok sometimes for us to have time away from them, just as it's ok for them to want to be away from us sometimes. It doesn't mean that any of us love each other less, just that, while we're a family, we are also individuals.

So, yes, I think Dads should have some me time, after work if that's what works best for everyone, but so should Moms. Also, "me time" needs to be kept in perspective - I'm not talking hours and hours, every day. I mean like 20, 30 minutes after work if thats what dh wants, or, say, a couple of hours a week where Dad takes the kids, maybe out or maybe they stay home and Mom goes out, but he has the kids and Mom gets a break.

btw I'm a sahm with teens
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have me time and so does my hubby we both make sure we get it in at least once a week it can be tough at times also.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There was a time not too long ago or far away when the family was all about "us." There was never a mention of "me time." To be honest, I think it should still be that way. The problem is that we now have a generation of people who have grown up in the "me" world. The word sacrifice is foreign. Marriage is a corporate word. So is family. If everyone was thinking in corporate terms, there would be no need for "me time." Instead of demanding "me time," why not begin to think more in terms of family time, couple time, and the like? When you insist on having separate time, you are actually contributing to the demise of your marriage and your family. You can accomplish the exact same thing you are seeking by making your home such a pleasant, inviting place that everyone will want to work together. As wife and mom, it is up to you to make that happen. It is sad that most women have not a clue how to go about it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i think that if once a week you make me time for eachother and with eachother say once the kids are asleep and the dishes and the house are clean, watch a movie, get a lil nasty, but do it together, get a sitter and go to a movie and have dinner then do the nasty....just try not to get distant if you do have me time, you are still a couple and you gotta show the love
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well usually our ME time is spent with one another. We like US time rather than ME time. I dont know a lot of ME time anyway. I do what needs to be done for my kids and so does he and if we get a chance, then we try to slip away, but its not the norm. We do not schedule this time because theres isnt time to do that. We just take it day by day. If he wants to do something alone, then its rare, but usually he goes to music practice. He hasnt been in months because we are in the middle of a building project but we compromise with one another. Again we would rather just spend our time together.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009