have u ever been so broke?

that u diluted milk to make it last longer????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• That's what skim milk is anyway, right?! lol You can just tell yourself that!!! I hate milk really but my cousin and her 4 children go through like 5 gallons of milk in less than a week so if I were in her shoes I would!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 3:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Actually, that's not what skim milk is, but I do feel for the op with this.

Something you might want to consider that would help is using powdered milk. You just mix it with water and put it in the fridge. It doesn't taste as good as 2%, it actually tastes more like skim milk, but you can use it when you cook or you can mix that with your regular milk and it will go a long way.

gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I use powdered milk all the time. I have been that broke and beyond. I was so broke that for about 2 months I had to hand wash clothes in the tub w/out laundry soap b/c I could not afford soap or laundromat.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 3:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• A woman can't joke?! I know that's not what skim is.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 3:49 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• so if u use powdered milk in like chicken helper it wont taste weird...??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have been there and you just can do what you can. A Lot of family's are hurting right now and yes mine is one of them but hey i will make do, so Wilt you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• lets see I have been so broke I have had to do alot of things............... I didnt have quarters for the washer so I washed my clothes in the tub with shampoo..or dish liquid, I have diluted my milk SEVERAL times, couldnt afford vacum bags so i literally got on my hands and knees and picked up the things I could. (lint ect) Lived off ramen noodles so my dh and kids could eat (didnt tell them) the list could go on and on......THANKFULLY we are in a better place now.
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 6:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i hae never been there but thats because i have young son and he is still young enough that we get wic when we need it i get the wic cupons every month but i only use them when i need to. if your kids are young you may want to look in to wic it helps alot it really does. also sometimes local farm have milk reallycheep i live in the city we only have one local farm but the milk from there is about 1 dollar cheeper than the regualr grocery store those are just some ways i have found to make ends meet
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 6:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• We use powdered milk now and I mix it a little weak to make it go farther. The kids don't seem to mind too much and you really can't tell the difference when you use it for cooking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Ive been so broke, I couldnt even buy regular milk. We used powdered milk. Nasty. That was over a year ago. It hasnt been that bad since.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009