Why is it a big deal if your children sleep in bed with you?

Just curious, I sleep with my 2 year old daughter pretty much every night, sometimes she will sleep in her toddler bed if she feels like it, some nights her & my 1 year old son will sleep in the bed, most nights he is in his crib though, sometimes its all four of us (hubby,me,kids) . I like sleeping next to my children, they are so warm & snuggly:-)

ladypitbull66

Asked by ladypitbull66 at 4:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, I have 2 grown up children, and at their times, each slept with me, I never pushed them away. Now i am raising my grandaughter, and because of the situation with the mother, she is more needy and demanding of my time. She has at times being in her room, at others, can't even walk in there by herself. I just take it one day at a time, if she can fall sleep in my bed, on time, I don't mind, I have a queen bed, and two singles in her room, we switch between them, but here is the big difference than most of you ladies 'NO HUSBAND" SO i DON'T NEED TO BE ALONE, OR ROMANTIC", and they grow up so fast, that I will take any time with her as I can, there will come a time when she doesn't want to be near me, and will want her "privacy", enjoy it while you can these are precios moments, when I watch her sleeping like an angel, I forget all the daily problems.

xioma
    Madrepor2ndavez

Answer by Madrepor2ndavez at 9:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• That's fine if you guys can handle it. For us, my hubby and i like to sleep next to eachother and have sex as often as possible throughout the night... have a good sex dream, make it close to reality. We can snuggle and talk all night long and if we let our dd in, she would never sleep for us. She always thinks it's play time in our bed. We do fall asleep with her during nap time on the couch and I do LOVE sleeping next to her, but she is SUCH a little mover. I got kicked in the face once and my nose started bleeding and i got a fat lip. There is no waking up slowly for her, as soon as those eyes open she's up and running (it's kinda funny when she's still half groggy and tries running tho)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with it. I love to sleep with my baby in the bed. =)
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Sometimes when my bed feels too lonely or I have had a bad day I'll lay my son right next to me and cuddle up. If he wakes up before I am ready to get up I lay him next to me and most of the time he'll go right back to sleep!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 4:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My dd still sleeps with me most of the time. SHe is 8.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't think its a big deal at all. My children have all co-slept and they move out on their own when they are ready. It works for us.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Nothing wrong with it! Co-sleeping is wonderful and natural! Humans were meant to have a family bed :)
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 8:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My children have always crawled into bed with us...at about age 4 we start weaning them back to their own beds due to space restraints... but I can't think of anything better than snuggling with my kids. As the country song says "Let them be little, let them sleep in the middle". It only lasts so long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think if it works for your familt, then it is fine. My DD is 3.5 and has only spet with me when she was sick and that was only once. I want to keep my bed for my husband and I. I am a SAHM and I am with my DD all day and I want hubby time after 9:00 each night. And I don't sleep when she is in the bed with me! And i also think it is a hard habit to break, so why start it?
    Anonymous

• If it works for you, it's fine. It wasn't for us, so that's fine too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009