why do people that are on Food stamp NEED soda.

drink water. why do you NEED soda. I am so tired of standing behind some food stamp people buying ice cream, soda, chip. do you really NEED that???????????????? Give me a break. stop wasting my tax and buy your own food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol i agree. at some stores they can even buy smokes and alcohol. you would think they would use it on more useful items like milk, eggs, etc.... thats today's world for ya.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Really tired of it. some people have such nerve!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Really, who gives a chit? I don't care what they drink. Because you are not on PA you are allowed to have soda, treats etc? You really need to get a hobby.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Because people on food stamps have just as much right to buy what they want as you do. What are you going to do about it? Be more concerned about the people on food stamps that do drugs and drink alcohol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am on food stamps. And every once in awhile I buy chips, soda, and ice cream. But it's always after I buy the main things that we need like cereal, milk, meat, veggies.... Does it also bother you that I buy fresh produce too? I've been told by people that people on food stamps shouldn't be allowed to buy the fresh produce because it's more expensive. I'll admit it does bother me when I see a person pay for the junk food with food stamps and it's all they have. But if it's just in with other things that they have I don't see the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• oh for Fs sake. so anyone who gets assistance should wear third hand clothing, never get a hairvut and eat out of the garbage? come on, they have just as much right to choose what they eat as the next person. is it costing YOU any more in tax dollars if they buy soda?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• why is it the people that are on FS think it is ok. Pay for your own food!!! I am so tired of paying for you.
    Anonymous

• If they qualify for FS, then they have just as much right to buy what they want as well. They get a certain dollar amt and they can spend it however they want. I really dont care. It wont go as far and they might not make it until the next month, but some of you ladies are really way too observant. Do you ever go into walmart and just mind your own business? How come I never see this scenario? or is it that I have 4 kids and I am trying to get in and out without incident. I dont have time to moral monitor people. Let them live their life and FYI, I have probably paid more taxes than most of you, considering that my dh and I have been working since we were 16 and we are mid thirties now. It doesnt bother me and NO, I dont get foodstamps.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• So what you are saying Anon 8:17 is that when families hit hard times their kids should starve?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• How do you even KNOW when people are using their food stamps anymore? They swipe a card that's no different than a debit/credit card. I have never noticed anyone buying groceries with a FS card, but then again, I mind my own business

But to answer your question, people getting help, while being mindful of what they're buying to make the money stretch...should be able to buy anything (other than alcohol and smokes) that they want.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2009