Are you ever surprised to learn the ages of some of the moms here?

I am! I dunno, I used to stereotype women over 30 as being serious 100% family-oriented bland women with no senses of humor. After being on this site for a year I know that that's totally not true (for the most part). Some of you guys are frickin hilarious :D

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do sometimes get surprised when a well written, intelligent and even knowlegable answer is given by a teen or under 21 mom. I guess I stereotype as well. If they type in chat speak, I usually just assume they are young. I cant read those. They make me dizzy. I guess Im old. Thirty two to be exact.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Moms r all ages Im 46 and have a normal healthy baby and 2 other teen kids from a prior marriage. Its great being a Mommy again and it is easier when u have experience and u treasure it more. I could live to be 100 with modern science or be hit by a ca r tommorrow, so I dont want to hear about my age- cause i love being a Mom and he is a miracle from heaven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i just think its sad that there are 15-17 year old moms.. not able to be kids themselves and not to be rude we all need help now and again.. but cause they messed up my tax money has to pay their welfare... and its not right .. but thats a WHOLE other rant!
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 8:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• No if their answer to something seems like it is immature and not well thought out I am usually curious of their age and look, and sure enough they are young.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'm still learning about the varied age of women on here and the different personalities.
    When I first joined I thought the site would be full of young mommies who wouldn't understand or want to speak with an old fuddy-duddy like me at all.
    I have been pleasantly surprised. :)
    I love so many of the members on here and hope to meet so many more.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• LOL I am 30 and still have fun but yes at times I read a post and think she needs to grow up but hell for all I know she could be older than me lol

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 10:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes i am always, it's funny how you just assume people usually think of me as about 34-39 because i have to many kids but the truth is i am 27.
    MummyMiller

Answer by MummyMiller at 10:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thank You!! and I used to think young moms were all about partying and I have soem good friends that are young but good responsible moms.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• We old mom's have a freak flag too Cait we sometimes chose not to fly it lol. You are right though. I never really realized the amount of young moms that would be on here. Guess it is all about our own expectations. I find myself experiencing more young moms here than those of my own age of 42. I have grown kids and LO's too, so either way I am good. I can chat about toddlers or adult children. I have fun reading your questions and watching you experience motherhood!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I will be 29 the 1st of July..At the moment I am family orientated and kinda boring..but I'm happy. I am often surprised at the wisdom of teen moms. I've had intelligent PM conversation about parenting and marriage....then find out she's only 18. I guess we all just have the same priorities.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009