• In the Spotlight:

How long before you started to show with 2nd child?

How long was it before you started to show with your second child? I found out this week I'm pregnant with my 2nd I'm just curious to know bc I've read that you show faster after you've had one child since your body has been stretched once already.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i started showing around mid 5th month, i thought she was going to be small like my first. after i began to show, i got REALLY big and she ended up being 10 lbs 2 ozs! congrats on the pregnancy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I started popping in the middle of my fourth month... ugh.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i'm like pagammom, at about 4 months i started showing with my son, i started showing with my 1st @ 6months lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I was six months before I started showing. I was still able to fit into my pre-pregnancy pants from my first child. I asked my doctor about why I wasn't showing yet and he said that some people just show later on. After my six month appt my belly popped out so fast!!!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It depends on how close the pregnancies are to each other. The longer break between then the higher chances that you wont show much earlier. I was told that the belly muscle need 3 years to completely recover after the pregnancy stretch and go back to pre preggo shape.
    I started to show (or people started to notice my bump) around 17 weeks - with first I was good to go till 24ish :)
    Like most of PPs after that I had that fast belly pop out all of sudden! DH says that I am much bigger that with my first :(((( I see that as well.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 10:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• gosh, i don't remember now. i'm almost 41 weeks now. i believe i was showing much sooner..
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009