nightsweats after childbirth...

I had a c-section 12 days ago and the last few nights I've been having nightsweats...is this just a hormonal thing??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it will go away. Your body is going to be changing a lot for the next few months. Its perfectly normal.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• yes it is normal. after my 1st i had that too, i woke up in the middle of the night soaked as if i had just taken a shower or something. and as brailynsmama explained, it is normal and due to hormones.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Holy mother of god did I have night sweats!!!!!! For about a week and a half after I gave birth. Yes totally hormonal and I would wake up freezing and soaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband wouldnt sleep with me!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 11:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• mine lasted all summer the year my son was born, and even now when i have my period, the night sweats return. I guess our bodies are never the same after having a baby!
    christinek_00

Answer by christinek_00 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Ok I didn't have a c-section and it is probably night sweats but just in case I thought I'd through this in. LOL. Ok so right after my best friend had her baby (c-section) she was telling me that she was waking up in cold sweat, I asked her how she knew it was sweat and she said she just assumed. I remembered that after I had my son I was waking up in what I thought was sweat and then I found out it was leaking milk and a lot of it, I hadn't been wearing a bra or nursing pads to bed. I told her to try wearing a bra and nursing pads the next night and sure enough it stopped and in the morning she called and told me that it was breast milk because her nursing pads were soaked and she was otherwise completely dry. Are you breast feeding? Maybe this could be the case for you as well. Good luck and I hope you try it out.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2009