My bottles and nipples always smell like my soap, whats up???????help, help!!!

this is crazy, ive tried like 4 diffrent dish soaps and there all the same. all my silicone nipples and passy's smell just like my soap. i even boil them and they slill smell the same. does this happen to any one else, or am i doing something wrong? whats the best soap for baby bottles? ( i soak the baby's stuff in hot soap water, wash, then rinse with cold. what am i doing wrong?) thanks

mrsaustin271

Asked by mrsaustin271 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pure and clear from palmolive is good....its what i use cause it says it doesn't leave harmful residue behind. it has a strong smell when your washing them but if you rinse it good it goes away and there isn't soap residue left on the bottles, etc. i was worried about the same thing too....hope it helps! lmk
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 10:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Nothing, use an unscented soap if it bothers you that much. Or you can clean them with a mixture of vinegar and water with a tablespoon of bleach.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Of course they r clean - do u want them to smell like dirt? Rinse then let dry. Scented liquid soap smells- Are u a young Mom first time?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• of course i want them to smell like dirt!!!!!!(thanks for the question) and what does this have to do with being a young mom? no but really i just want to make sure there isnt soap left on them, for my baby to drink! ive breast feed until my baby is now six mos and now he has a bottle so the issue just started. and i use the same soap on my dishes and i dont have the problem.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I dont understand the question/ soap cleans the bottles- so what if it smells?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i want them to smell clean, but they smell so strong of soap, when i open the bottles to fill them the soap smell is stronger than when im washing the dishes. im only worried b/c my other dishes dont even smell of soap, and i wash them the same way. so thats why i thought i need to do something diffrent with the bottles/ passys.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think they are fine. I just got some new soap and they smell like the soap after i wash them. The only thing I can suggest is when you are done washing them, put them in a plastic container with clean, clear water and swish them around. If there is no soap bubbles after that, then there is no soap residue on them. Just make sure you rinse them really well.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Are you pumping? ~~ I had a little boy in my daycare whose mom brought breastmilk for him...It took her 3 weeks to figure out that some soap got into the pump when her MIL washed it for her...LOL! ~~ We were both trying to figure out why he hated his bottles all of a sudden =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 8:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009