Why do non Christians try so hard to disprove Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't. I want people to see the truth and not simply believe something because it's been passed down as truth. Research and then make an educated decision based on what is in YOUR heart, not what some man tells you every Sunday or what your Daddy told you to make you be a good girl.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't try to disprove Jesus. I think he really existed. But, I don't think he was the son of God. Yes, he was a great prophet, but nothing more, really. I just don't like people to sit around and say that the bible is the ONLY true holy book. Or that Christianity is the ONLY way people should believe. I know that is what the bible says, but, since I think it is more of a book of stories, that doesn't hold much weight with me.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't try to disprove Jesus. We know he existed. The fact is that there is so little known about him, and the only texts we have about him were written, edited, and transcribed by men, not Jesus himself. I think a lot of mythology and speculation evolved around Jesus, and for that reason, I don't believe in religion. There have just been too many fingers in the pie, so to speak. I don't try to discredit anyone else's beliefs, as long as I get the same respect in return.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't try to disprove him. I think there is a great chance that he did live and just some of the tales told about him have a tiny kernel of truth. As he is presented, he was nothing more that a typical street preacher of the time. But over time he became a God, so there isn't any argument from me on that. I just don't believe that he's the only God out there. And for claiming to the be the son of God, yes he could be as there are plenty of other Gods that are the sons of Gods too. I just don't follow this particular God.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't try to disprove him. I believe he existed, but not as the son of God.
    I beieve him to have been a great teacher maybe even a phrophet, but is only how I feel. I don't go around trying to prove him one way or the other.
    It is those who see my answer and get upset or start to critize that I am wrong and they are right.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i just give honest answers. if they seem to disprove.....well the truth will set you free.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Probably for the same reason some Christians will make posts trying to "prove" Jesus to non Christians. Both sides most likely want the other side to  see the truth from thier POV. It's no different IMO, except Christians have an added motivation of being told to do so by the Bible & trying to keep people out of hell. I tend to think some non Christians may want to "save" Christians from the "prison" thier beliefs. Both sides want the other side to see the Truth.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't!  I just give my opinion when Christians try so hard to prove Jesus and shove a bible down  my throat.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Dawpea: the only texts we have about him were written, edited, and transcribed by men, not Jesus himself.

I guess I have to ask if by this reasoning if that means that if in a 1000 years we could use that reasoning to say that Elvis never existed or never became famous for his singing/hip wiggling? He's never written a book or edited one. Does that mean that if I don't write a book or edit one about me that in a 1000 years I will not have been a mom? Just because someone doesn't write or edit a book about theirself is not proof that they are not who they claim to be and what they have done.

Times change. 2000 years ago very few people even knew how to write & read let alone write their own biography. Also Jesus was humble. Don't you think writing a book about yourself would be a little concieted in a time where most people couldn't even read the book? Also the Bible is a compulation of varius writings from many cont
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• authors. The entire Bible is not just about Jesus but about many men & women who followed God. Many of these men did write about things that they had done but with modesty and they didn't gloss over the truth. Think of David and Bathseba. He had sex with her, sent for her dh so he could sleep with her and make him think it was his child and when that didn't work sent him to the front line of battle so he could be killed. He could easily left this out of his "biography" but he didn't.

I guess what I'm saying is that just because you don't write a book or because you did isn't a reason to believe or disbelieve someone is the Son of God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2009