Nightime Eating

I have recently noticed that my 15 yr son is eating in the middle of the night. I recently noticed that he put on some weight and did not know why. Until I woke up at 3 am and found him eating. Then realized why some things were gone. He is eating them? What should I do there is obesity in our family and I am very scared for him. Thoughts?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 9:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• There is a sleep disorder that usually starts in teens that causes this, I do not remember the name, but I would make an appointment with his pediatrician and get him to a sleep clinic ASAP.
    Do not let this go on, because like sleep walking it tends to get worse. I also would lock the frig, because sometimes they are in a state where they will eat crazy stuff that could make him sick. Let us know what happens!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2009