HAS ANYONE HAD STAPH AND IF SO WHAT DID YOUR DOCTOR GIVE YOU AND OR TELL YOU TO DO?

lyricsmommy08

Asked by lyricsmommy08 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I personally have not. The doctor usally prescribes some oral antibiotics if it is not to serious. According where the staph is located, some doctors suggested to be careful having the child around a lot of people until it clears up.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i had staph. i got it in the hospitall after(or while) delivering my baby. it was on my butt so i didnt notice until my other parts healed. it was really bad by the time i found it. i had to go to a surgeon to have it drained. they treated it like it was nothing... a sterile wound they said. i did further reseach that said it is far worse than my surgeon said. it is contagios. it can live on metal sufaces 24 hours. once it is in your system you never fully get rid of it. my husband got a sore right after i did and he has recently had another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My son had staph and we did a lot of antibiotics to clear it up.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had staph. Yuck. I had topical antibiotic cream plus a benzoyl peroxide wash AND like, 3 rounds of oral antibiotics.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009