2012 end of the world?

will someone explain this to me? I hear about it but it sounds so unrealistic.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If it sounds unrealistic, then it is. This comes up at least once a decade.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• 2012 is the end of the age of Pisces and the (sing along with me) "dawning of the age of Aquarius, age of Aquarius!"... It's supposed to be the age of enlightenment.. Gods, we can only hope so.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• LOL @ Paganmom... I love your explaination..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• it's a fallacy.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• there are several past cultures that believed that december 21, 2012 is the end of days based on calculations they did regarding the cycles they believe the world goes through. The mayans for one. There's a history channel special on the whole thing. Its kinda interesting, especially regarding those cycles, but I also think you can make anything fit a mold if you want it to. And one thing the special tries to say is that armageddon (sp?) apparently doesn't mean an end of the world, just a big change (or something along those lines, just basically doesn't mean its all going to blow up) So maybe it could be something positive...or just a good reason to throw a fun birthday party- I'm born dec. 21 and am so doing an armageddon party! It doesn't really matter when the world ends- you can't stop it and it shouldn't change the kind of person you are :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• We'll see huh!? What are we suppose to do? If it's inevitable,there's no hope! I think it's BS.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It's the end of the Mayan calender. That's pretty much it. The rest is internet and media mumbo jumbo made up to scare the shit out of gullible people.

Don't be scared if you are. OUR calender "ends" every year on December 31st. Doesn't mean the world ends.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Some poeple like the mayans and Nostradamus beleive that is the end of th eworld and huge catastrophy will take place. As a Christiatian who believes in pre-rapture, Tribulation, ASrmageddon, and post rapture. It is highly impossible since the Tribulation is supposed to be 7 years ong. It hasn't started yet because if it did I would not be hear and it is not 7 years until 2012 is here.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I've read quite a bit about it, and to be honest, it confuses me. LOL It is supposed to be an end of an age, an era. And if I've understood it correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong) only we as humanity can dictate the outcome to be either enlightenment or catastrophe.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There are those who are predicting that the end of the world will come in 2012, but people have been attempting to predict this since the beginning of time. The bottom line is that only God knows when the end will be, and His time is not our time.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009