Are you okay with your dh/so having friends of the opposite sex?

With all the Jon and Kate drama. How Jon insists the woman was just a friend. Would you be okay with it? If you heard rumors that your so/dh and the woman were a little too close.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Thats why you always have another person there when you are really close to someone that is not your spouse. That way there won't be any confusion or questions.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 1:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My dh and I have never had any issues when it came to our friends being of the opposite sex.

Actually some of my closest and dearest friends have been male as with my dh's being female.

We know how we feel for each other and we have an open line of communication between each other. If there is a friend/person that seems to bother one of us we talk about it and go from there.

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with friends of any sex, but there is such a thing called "appearances" and you have to make sure that you don't do anything that would appear to be inappropriate. Even if you trust your spouse, there are certain things that just wouldn't be appropriate for a married man to do with a woman and vice versa. What those are differ between couples, but you also have to take into consideration what looks bad from the outside. Its just respectful and has nothing to do with jealousy or trust. Jon and Kate are a perfect example of what can happen if you don't do this.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:40 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My husband has alot of friends that are girls and well as guys, He's just a really nice guy in general.

I trust him completly. It would be hard if we we're in the public eye and there was always a story out about how he's doing this and that.

But, since we're not I don't worry about what he's doing
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my husband has some female friends, who i have come to know very well & now are friends with them as well.... the ones i get along with (lol) i would be okay with him hanging out with w/o me, but this one chick, no, not at all, she tries to start shit with me all the time so i'd have to smack her lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My hubs and I have been friends for 40 yrs, lovers for 36yrs, husband and wife for 30 yrs. We didn't get that track record by worrying about the friends.....
    AuntyL

Answer by AuntyL at 10:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• We have a very close circle of friends, i have 2 best friends which are married and thy're husbands are close to mine. So we have no problems there since we usualy do everything like dinner, night's out(if we ever get to) or parties together.

I know my husband has a female friend at work and i've met her and she's really nice but there's no attraction between them so i'm fine.
    MummyMiller

Answer by MummyMiller at 11:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i wouldnt care at all unless i hear rumors but thats the thing there rumors not actualy facts...
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't care so much, except for the fact that one "acquaintance" happens to be an ex wife with hidden motives and the other is a woman he works with and actually slept with several times, so those two bug me. LOL So yeah, it bugs me sometimes....depends on how my hormones are swinging for the month how bad it bugs me too LOLLLL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have been dealing with this issue with my bf. He has a lot of girlfriends he talks to and hangs out with. It doesn't bother me until he hangs out with them alone. One he always runs to when she is having a problem and I think it is weird. The other I have only met once and I feel she wants more then is put on. If its hanging out as a group then I am OK with it. I just don't think it is respectful to hang out one on one with the opposite sex.
    kkhotmama

Answer by kkhotmama at 12:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009