What is one luxury that you afford yourself at least once a month?

With all this talk about people on PA and how they shouldn't have nice things. I was wondering what nice thing the moms on here afford themselves?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I get my eyebrows down every 2 weeks. We really haven't cut back much. We have quite a few luxuries (satelite, cell phones, unlimited texting & Internet at home and on my cell phone) and we enjoy going out to the movies 2-3 times a month as a family and 2-3 times a month as a couple, hubby and I eat out several times a month for lunch & we take a few vacations a year (in a couple of weeks we are taking a family vacation and in Feb. we took a family vacation and in April hubby & I went away for the weekend). Our sons are teens and adults so we are able to enjoy more now that all of our money isn't going straight to our kids. The teens have jobs, if they want something they buy it, we only take care of school & sports related things.

Anonymous

• I usually go atleast once a month and get my nails, toes and eye brows down, just so i can feel a little prettier for a few days
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 9:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I get my nails done every two weeks and soon will be getting pedicures for the summer. I'm not on PA though. I like to go. Makes me feel pampered. Plus, we mommies should do something special for ourselves. Take care.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Believe me when I tell ya times are not only tough in the USA but also abroad, I live in central america. Well as for me goes, I have had alot of cutbacks to do in order to get out of financial , credit card debt slowly but surely, I gave up going to do my hair so much, I also used to dye it at the salon each month, so I went back to my basic color, dark brown, and since it is much longer, every now and then I go to the salon to have it blowdried prettily since I am a natural curl, also go get my pedicure and manicure at least once a month, and I have also told my close friends we MUST go out and chill at least once a month....it's good for the soul !
    mamita_linda

Answer by mamita_linda at 9:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have a tanning membership and I get my hair cut and colored every 8 weeks.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• a date night with my Hubby...<3
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My luxury is the internet, so that is a bill I pay monthly.
    I have no need for frivolous material things - just the basics.
    My family is also a daily luxury that I never take for granted, either. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my favorite shampoo
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• nothing, any extra money we have goes to our kids
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have cut down but I do like my Frappucino's and the girls from work and I go out to lunch once a month. Now that summer's here,I will be getting my pedicures. I may have to give up Starbucks but my feet are pretty bad without some TLC
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2009