Do your teens stress you out?

I am always stressed about my son 15. Thinking will he go to collage. will he ever be able to take care of himself on his own, why doesn't he take better care of himself... My hubby says I worry to much. Do you stress?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 9:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i also have a 15 yr old son that is stressing me out bad. i wonder if he will go to collage, and be able to live on his own. he tells me he's not going to collage, and he will live with my mom when he gets old enough. he has got into trouble in the past, and i worry all the time that he will get into trouble again someday, and i wont be able to get him out of trouble next time. if u want message me we can chat.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i stress all the time i have a 14 year old and i often wonder the same thing. His attitude is so bad now I cant imagine it when he gets older. Will he make something of himself, can I guide him in the right direction. Im terrified he will make bad choices, so Yup! I stress over my son.
    DIANE463

Answer by DIANE463 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• All the time, this year my daughter made so many friends, but she is not listening to me at all. She don't come home after school, I search for her every day. HELP!!! I don't know if I should call the cops or what, I don't know what to do. She is only 13, mind you she was never like that. I am mentally and physicall exhausted. HELP!!! I wonder about her future too!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i HAVE TOO TEENS AND "STESS" HAS BECOME MY MIDDLE NAME LOL TEENS ARE DIFFERNENT TODAY THEN THEY WERE BACK IN THE DAYS.
    katt062

Answer by katt062 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• When am I not stressed!
    Anonymous

• Life is stressful! Teens are stressful! Toddlers are stressful! Breathing is sometimes stressful! It is normal to have stress, just don't let it get the better of you. Know nothing lasts forever and there is little worth getting yourself sick over. Life by the inch a sinch, by the yard hard. One day at a time Mamma!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I definitely feel far more stressed with my teens then when they were little. My main stress is that I feel they don't 'assure' - I never see them taking the lead on something, showing ambition and ideas. They never seem to want to be good, really do something... they seem to go from one bad mistake to another. Fortunately, nothing too serious thus far, but I'm worried that will follow.

But I try to tell myself not to worry, or show it less. I try to make it their problem, their responsibility, their failure/sucess. I tell them I had my goals in life and I did everything I could to get there... up to them to decide on their goals and get there - and I hope one day they'll look in the mirror and be happy with the person they see!

I have trained myself to keep that in mind when I talk to them during the day, but boy, do I lose alot of sleep at night all while they sleep as sound as can be!!!
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 7:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2009