stuff like charmed and bewitched:

I know they are made up shows and not real, but how much of the stuff on Charmed is parallel to the actual practice? When a spell does not work it is because it was not said right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A spell/prayer doesn't work if the intent isn't truley focused on.
    And not all spells/prayers are answered right away.
    The intent of a spell is of your purpose for it. i.e. to help heal a family/friend
    to try and better your chances in getting a job, for prosperity in the home etc... (there are many)
    It is the energy within you that you send out to accomplish the purpose ...
    But as for Charmed and BeWitched it is only tv Magic that is all...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• those shows are bs.
    but entertainment
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Actually there is a good bit of facts hidden in charmed. If you watch the early shows with Rose McGowen you'll see her reading the Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft. Prior to that you'll see Bucklands, which was named for Ray Buckland... The symbols are usually used properly. And there are little things here and there that are on track. But as for the spells, not so much. Spells take lots of energy. The point of a spell is not for the spell to do the work but to help to focus your energy to do the right thing. There is no right or wrong words, they don't have to rhyme and there is no one and only spell to do what you want. Some will work better than others but it's the focus and energy YOU put in to it that makes it work.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Some of the other stuff is questionable. Many witches don't believe in things like Demons or Angels... I tend to. Most witches don't believe that there are those born with powers... Again, I do, I was... So, it's really up to you as to how much you believe. The righters of Charmed & Buffy (and the craft too) tend to do their home work. But they do have to make it look good or the show just won't work. So, some of it is semi-factual and some of it is completely fiction...

Your best bet is not to believe the things you see in shows like this, do your own research and learning... Talk to real witches and realise that hollywood has to "sell" the show and not the religion...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• how do you explain what people can do move things with ther minds see things before they happen
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Anon 10:42... I DO believe in Natural Witches. Not all do, but as one myself I can't deny that many are born with those powers. Now, I can't move things with my mind - yet... But I have had visions and had an extra site to see beings and "people" that others can't... Again though that's my personal belief. Others see these abilities as something that everyone is born with but that it's a use em or loss em kind of thing... And that as you go through childhood not using them you "forget" you have them and don't have them as an adult until they start to train themselves to harness those ablitities again... I guess it's just an opinion...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am with Sabrina, I believe in natural witches too. I am an empath and have been all my life. I feel what others are feeling, no matter if I know them or not. Now when its people I know it is usually when they are not physically near me and when they are trying to suppress said emotion. Just as Sabrina sees visions, I feel emotions of others. I am still a work in progress with shielding myself. Sometimes the shows have an idea of what life is like for us but they do exaggerate it. Last time I checked we can't orb anywhere or blow up the bad guy with a bottle of magick...LOL But hey if they didn't stretch the truth no one would watch it.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• pnwmom My mom is the same way and I slightly am. One time when I was little I came home from school before she came home from work. She rushed home because she knew I was scared. I had been home alone before but this time for some reason was different and she said she felt me crying. As for myself my brothers father(who I am very connected with) was in a car accident and hi his face. The very same time he was in the accident I woke up with my face hurting so bad. Also he got married and I saw him and his wife and told my mom there was something wrong. Three weeks later they split. Also my DDs dad was married when we were ust friends. I told him it will not last until my birthday. Low and behold 2 months before my birthday they split(good for me though lol) There are many other things but. Op as far as your question some things are real some are not.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Most psychic gifts, such as clairevoyance, telekinesis (moving things with your mind), mediumship, etc, you are born with. You also don't have to practice witchcraft to have such powers. For example, I am a medium/empath and I am a Christian. I believe Yuri Gellar (famed telekinetic) was an atheist (don't quote me on that), etc. I hope this helps a little.

Also, TV shows have enough reality in them to appease the reality seekers mixed in with enough fiction to please the masses. Like Sabrina and pnwmom said - your best bet is to ask, read, do research. Don't base "what you know" on what you see on TV. Even reality shows are scripted.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• T.V. and movie witches are fictional and their spells are "altered" to avoid harming the actors. Spells aren't instantaneous and take time and proper concentration. And it isn't about "saying the spell right". It's about making your intentions clear so as to direct the magick. You can use your own words in a spell and if your concentration is good you will bring it about. I own Charmed e-spellbooks from 4 seasons, BTW. I have all the spells listed and even which character did them.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009