Why do they care so much? ( sorry its long)

I get so tired of people saying things about me. About how many kids I have in a short time. I have 3 kids my oldest is 34m he will be 3 in July. My youngest will be 5m on sunday. My middle child is 17m.

It just aggravates me because they put me down all the time and say things like. "Most people would have common sence to put years between their kids", or "You should've kept your legs closed". Or they say,"At least you have it over with". This was not easy. I had all 3 by c-section. And took care of everyone of them when they came home by myself. No one came to help me with my other children. No one took my other children.

I am sorry I just am hurt when people think I have it easy. Or act like my kids are not important like it would have been better if they weren't here. I stay home and take care of my kids 24/7 they dont go to day care they dont go to grandma's. I do it all. My question is Why do they care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think some people just take a moment's "joy" in causing other people pain. You know the saying, "misery loves company." I don't think you should let it bother you for even one more second. You had your children when YOU wanted to. Noone has the right to insult you for that. Actually, I think it's sweet because the three of them will grow up so close in age that they're bound to always be best friends too. They'll have each other and will build such a bond that it will last their lifetimes.
    Next time you get an insult, just say "thank you for your concern," and walk away. I wish you all the luck and success in the world. God Bless you and all 3 of your precious children. God Bless!!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thank you so much for that!!!!!!!! I know I shouldnt let is bother me...but these people are suppose to be my friends.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• They don't care. It just makes them feel better about their own lives when they can put someone down. Maybe they really wish they could have done it the way you are doing it. Or maybe they see how strong you are as a woman and mother and it intimidates them. I had three daughters and their ages are 25, 15 and 11 (I did not get pregnant easily) and sometimes I wish they were much closer together. I got alot of the opposite comments. "Why did you spread them out so far?!" Don't worry about what others say, they are only showing their ingnorance when they say things like that. I am also a stay at home mom and it is the hardest job in the world and it takes financial sacrifice on our part to stay home with them. Just let it roll off your back. YOU know that you are doing what is right for your family and that is all that matters. I think it takes a special mom to handle three children under 3 years old.
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 10:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• For some, they are so insecure about themselves they have to blow out your candle to make theirs burn brighter. Ignore the ignorance and be the best person/mother you can be. No one has the right to ask any more of you than that!
    You are young...I think I know who I am talking to...you have an overwhelming task ahead of you with those little ones. Remember this. Life by the inch a sinch, by the yard hard. Take it one moment at a time! Do the best, ignore the rest!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Why do you care what other people think? It is your life and your decisions. As long as you can take care of your kids, it doesn't matter what other people think. Enjoy your family and stop worrying about what other people think. I did and life is a lot less stressful.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• hmm there are 20 yrs between my oldest and my youngest ..i hear the same thing.6 of1 1/2 dozen of another...dont tell anyone.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Why do you care?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2009