• In the Spotlight:

Embarrassing Medical Issue, help please???

This is so embarrassing, but I am not sure what to do! My son is 2 and since he was born I have had this bump around the outside of my rectum, it just like hangs there and it's flesh colored, kind of looks like a little grape hanging there. It doesn't hurt or bother me, but I am scared and embarrassed about going to the doctor, plus we don't have insurance. Anyone else ever had this problem? I was thinking it was a hemorrhoid...any help would be appreciated. And please be nice, this is tough for me to ask and it's so embarrassing, even anonymously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• if it hurts then it might be a hemorrhoid, everything i looked up said it was a hemorrhoid but i would just try to get it looked at.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Try some hemorrhoid cream or suppository and see if it heals up. You dont have to be seen by a dr. to get the cream. Just look for preparation H at walmart. It way bleed after a hard bowel movement so dont be surprised if that happens.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• OH thank the lord, I was expecting another lost tampon post! Darling you have a hemorrhoid, welcome to Motherhood! they don't necessarily hurt or bleed all the time, but they do get hurt easily since the skin is thinner in that area so vigorous dry rubbing with TP or sex can make it bleed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Hemorrhoids are very common during pregnancy and even after delivery, have you tried any of the over the counter meds to help, does it go away and then come back after straining to use the bathroom. Sometimes they can bleed, did you have an episiotomy, sometimes after repair the skin can form like that, I have a very small one that is just skin from the episiotomy, but it is very small.. Don't be embarrassed, the doc has probably seen them before and can help you with it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Def. a hemorrhoid. If it's external, the cream may not take it away, only make it hurt less, if it hurts. You may want to call your doc office and ask the nurse what the best course of action is...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am the OP...and I have had the thing for 2 years, it never hurts and never bleeds. I used the creams, I stopped using them because it doesn't bother me and they don't help. I just know that it's still there and it started to scare me since it hasn't gone away. Thanks for all the answers so far, they have helped. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• you keep using the term 'hanging there' is it grape sized dangling from a smaller stretch of skin?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well, it doesn't really move and it's kind of hard. But it looks like it is coming from my rectum. It's hard to explain, sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Just ask the doc. They've heard EVERYthing!! They're not going to make you feel stupid or gross or anything, and you'll feel lots better once you know what it is for sure!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• If it doesn't hurt it's probably not a hemoriod... I have a small bump in that area since I was pregnant and my mid wife told me it is a skin tag grown because of extra hormones and it may or may not go away... it sunds normal to me, but if you're really concerned go to a free clinic... try fam care they have an 800 number listed in the phone book to get an appointment to the one closest to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009