For those who think Obama is taking our country on a fast trip to hell...

What exactly has he done or not done that would make you happier and accept him?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• its gotta get worse befor it gets better. Have you ever cleaned up a really really dirty messy room. The first thing you do is start organizing and throwing away...you can find the bed or the floor until you do...right? Well the U.S. is in that exact same shape....and he is still in the organizing stage. Its not going to get better instantly. Hes only been in office just a few months...he doing a great job, truly. Not only does he have our country to deal with but there is the ripple effect of having to deal with the countries that are effected by our mess....say for instance after you clean up you messy room theres the trash to taken out and the laundry to wash, dry and rehang...if you bring the clean laundry back and throw it down...guess what...just sit back, relax on our new prez...lets just see what hes made of...so far so good.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i do't like the fact that he is from a muslim background, and it irks me that they make a big deal about him being the "first black" , he's mixed, not black
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Im seriously scared about the economy and I don't think prinitng money is going to help. I wont pretend to be well informed, but Im not comfortable with Obama right now.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well, since I didn't succumb to his smooth talking ways during the campaign and vote for him, I just don't see myself happy with him as President. I don't believe in his style of politics. I don't think he has the experience needed to lead our country and personally, I don't think the President's position is one where you should do on the job training. He has no foreign policy experience as most of the country is now seeing by his apologizing to every nation is goes to for America and our behavior/beliefs/etc. I don't like seeing him trying to make nice with terrorists. I think he is very naive.

He really doesn't stand for anything. He is constantly campaiging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would have been happier if he had not borrowed so much money to try to get us out of debt (I still don't get how that is supposed to happen).

I would have been happier if he had let the whole thing be read before signing it with the loads of pork. 

The same opinion above applies to the Omnibus bill and his Budget.

I would be happier if he actually had some transparency in his administration, but alas it wasn't meant to really happen. 

I would be happier if he started to focus on the future and sound like he is taking responsibility for his own decisions, instead of constantly pointing backwards and blaming Bush for everything.  Seriously, the excuse is getting very tired.

Yeah, I will start with those.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think he is a lot more Socialist than people realize. BIG government never solved anything, it makes it worse. And he is a huge fan of bigger gov.

I dont like his abortion stance, one of my soapboxes. He did away with Bush's policy on FEDERAL money going oversees to preform abortions and provide abortion information.

HOW do you like that, we are struggling financially and we have to now FUND oversees abortions and education about abortions.....OUTRAGEOUS.

How can anyone think that is a good idea. If a country wants to kill their own babies, I guess they can pay for it themselves.....blahhh..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I worry about our countries security during the next 4 years. I feel that we will have another terrorist attack during his term.

I also am concerned about our tax situation which I suspect we will all be saying a few choice words when we file next april, and will see it get worse each year (at least the middle to upper income levels.) The lower incomes will sing his praises, the rest will curse.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• While in Egypt he apologized to the muslim community, quoted from the koran; but you won't find anyone finding that offensive, but if he had quoted something from the Bible ( in the correct context ) people would be screaming about it. He didn't mention terrorists and or anything about the reality of terrorism. No, he threatened Israel and criticized them for building settlements ( sorry my mind is drawing a blank as to where, I haven't had any coffee ) and said if they built any more then he would have to do something about it. He is inviting the muslim world to take over America, why else would he be so accomadating ( i know that's not spelled right) and apologetic to them. We have done nothing wrong in trying to rid the world of muslim terrorists. My apologies if there are any muslims who want peace, God bless you.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 10:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• His spending is out of control. Crazy. Out of control. Makes my SIL look sane out of control. Highest National deficit EVER with few results to show from it.

His promises of transparency were predictably false, (stimulus signed into law without even being read,etc)

He's egotistical and unaware of the consequences of his actions,and his admin picks are laughable at best.

Worried about funding other countries birth control, etc, then tells Americans to be more responsible and bite the bullet on spending, all while flying jets all over the place for no good reason and serving hundred dollar a pound steaks at the good old WH.

Broke promises on pork barrel spending. Line by line budget analysis! my fat butt! More like, how can we get MORE spending into this bill?

"closed gitmo" without a plan, to make it look like Conservatives are in the way of getting it done.

con't
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Amen izy: If he had quoted from the Bible, their would have been mass riots around the world, probably an impeachment...lol just kiddin about that. but there would have been some serious repercussions from that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009