Baby carrier question

I dont know which one to get. Right now i use the infantino front to back carrier and it only goes up to 22lbs and my daughter is almost 20. We are moving to Colorado and would like to go hiking etc. so I need to find a carrier that can hold more weight. Please let me know if you know any of them. Price is really not an issue considering it would be a great help to us. lol! Thanks again for any help that you can give me.

KehoeFamily

Asked by KehoeFamily at 10:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• first, don't forward face an infant until they are AT LEAST 30 lbs.
    2nd, you are obviously talking about a backpack type thing, not a seat. kelty makes a good backpack that stands on its own when you take it off, which is super convenient. try your local CL since these items typically get SO LITTLE use that you can find them cheap and close to new. or a good moby wrap can be worn so many ways, and holds up to 35 lbs. try one for an hour or so if you can before you buy it to make sure it won't kill your back (my snugli KILLS my back, but i can wear my moby for 6 hours with no problems!)
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't think they make Infant carriers that go beyond 22 pounds Once she hits 22 AND 1 year old you forward face anyways.... I would google it if I were you but I didn't come up with anything...
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• She isn't talking about a carseat. And, they make those that go all the way up to 100 lbs now. And, you can rearface a kid up to like 40 lbs now if you have the seat.

Sorry to highjack....that answer annoyed me. IDK about any bigger carriers. I know they have some at big sporting goods stores, like Bass Pro Shops.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Go to a store and try out different backpacks; make sure that the one you purchase is comfortable for both parents.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Go to an outdoors store Like REI and get a Kelty Pack it will hold a child up to 40lbs.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Kelty back packs are GREAT! They have so many places to adjust the weight distribution. Once you get it set just right it's like the baby isn't even there it's so light. Just be careful of and branches! (Usually not a problem anyway).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009