need advice

hi i am having gallbladder surgery next week, i have multiple stones and a cyst on my kidney, does it take long to recover and will i be in alot of pain after my surgery? i never had surgery before, i am 39 and i am scared. i feel like a big baby, lol

rachel37

Asked by rachel37 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• I have never had this problem but my friend had her gal bladder removed and was out of work for 2 weeks. she was still taking advil regularly when she returned but all in all was pretty good. I'm sure it varies person to person but I would guess 3-4 weeks total to be pain free.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There is always some pain, but you will be fine. They will give you med's. to make you feel better. We are all big baby's, take care
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My friend was 50 when she had her gallbladder removed. She's morbidly obese, had laproscopic surgery and didn't require any pain meds the next day. Not even Tylenol. She had it on a Thursday, took Friday off and was back to work Monday.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2009