How do I get my son to poop on the potty?

my 3 yr old likes wearing underwear but isn't upset to wear diapers. He will pee on the potty all day even without me asking if he has to go, he is even dry when he wakes up in the am and after naps. But no matter what I do he keeps pooping in his diapers and underwear. Please help i've tried rewards and everything.

IheartHunterJ

Asked by IheartHunterJ at 10:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• don't be discouraged- sometimes that part just takes longer. My son doesn't wake up dry but he does poop on the potty :) He is also three- Ayden went because when he got what I call his "poop face" I would grab him and put him on the potty and let him get it in there- then we made a GIANT deal out of it and he got special hostess cupcakes I don't normally allow in the house :) BUT- I know pooping is usually the LASt thing a kiddo wants to do- so don't feel bad! Don't stress out- he will get it! :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 10:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• yeah my son to was peeing without a problem after the 1st week of potty training but it took about 3 more weeks before he got the poop part down. I started to recognize his facial and body reactions as well (he understood going potty was a private thing so when he had to poop he would try to hide in a corner or under the table). Then when I saw this occuring i would run and get him to the potty and not let him up till he went and make a super big deal out of it like the first poster. He eventually got it like I said after about 3 weeks. Just give him time and lots of encouragement.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009