changing auto insurance

Back in February we chagned auto insurance because they beat the rates. Well, ever since, the monthly premiums have not been the same. One month they are $150.00, then$172.00, and this last bill is $205.00. When i called them the lady was just rude and said that is just the way the billing fell. Anyways so i was thinking about going back to our old company. But i was wandering if it is too soon to switch. Should i wait until the policy expires.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I dont think there are any rules on when you can switch. You can change your auto insurance every month if you feel like it! That is annoying that the premium is never the same. I'd call again and get someone more willing to explain it to you. If it was just a receptionist you talked to before, ask to talk to an actual agent. I'm pretty sure they'd like to keep your business, and if you let them know you are thinking about switching back, they might be more apt to be more helpful!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Look at the total premium for the policy period (I think all companies do 6 months now). Look at the number of payments your plan is set up to be. The amounts should add up to the total policy premium. And you SHOULD have been notified at the beginning of the policy what the payment plan would look like.

As for the rude Customer Service Rep, I would call back and complain to a manager if you have her name.
    Anonymous

• you can switch now. go ahead.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009