If I'm only 5 weeks when will my stomach start to show?

Im only 5 weeks pregnant and I would like to kow when I should start to go shopping for my clothes in a much bigger size.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't start SHOWING until I was 6 months along. I did have to start wearing bigger clothes around 4 months
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I was 20 weeks before I even had to worry about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• If you feel as if you are already showing, it is probably just bloating. It will get better.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I guess its your first pregnancy isnt it? As a FTM I was eager to go and shop for maternity clothes and coudlnt wait for my belly to pop out. Second time around I hoped for fitting into my regular clothes as long as possible LOL.

If its your first you wont need new clothes for a while longer - I guess you should be comfortable in regulars till the end of your 1st trimester at least :) or much longer.
    You may want not to buy to many clothes at once since you dont know how fast or rapidly your belly will grow.
    I would buy some maternity clothes for the 2nd trimester in your pre-pregnancy regular size otherwise nothing will fit you well and it does not help to feel great about your body.
    That will also give you an opportunity to learn what kind of clothes work for you and which dont.
    Then as you overgrow them go shopping again (believe me not fitting into maternity clothes does happen LOL).
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 10:38 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'm 20 weeks today and can still wear most of my regular clothes
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• You'll know. Once your jeans start to get uncomfortable, get the next size up and go from there. Usually you don't start showing til 4-5-6 months with your first.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 10:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It's different with everyone. I started showing early. At 8-10 weeks, I could still fit into my pre pregnancy jeans, but had to wear my bella band. I'm also very small though (108 pre pregnancy and between pregnancies)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• How small you are anon doesn't matter I weighed 100lbs before I got pregnant and I still didn't have to go up to the next size until I was 4 months.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• im 22 weeks and i still fit in pretty much all my clothes still i do have a pair of maternity pants and a bella band but dont go rushing out to buy clothes because you dont know how big your gonna get in a short period of time..usually you will start REALLY showing around 5 months depending on your size of course. just go buy clothes when you cant fit in what you have now the bella band is also a good investment they sell them at target.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• depends on your size really. i am a small woman and at 16 weeks i am barely pooching out. when i eat, thats another story! you could bloat out at any time, but most people don't show until about 20 weeks. i barely show now, so i bet 20 weeks will be my mark.

i had to wear bigger pants around week 10, so you will be the only one to notice your growing for awhile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 5, 2009