For the people who think Obama is doing a great job...

I have another post for those who don't think he is and now I'd like to hear from ONLY those who do think he's doing a wonderful job so far (if you want to complain about him please take it to the other post- thank you)

What has Obama done so far that makes you believe he's on the right track?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I really can't see where what he is doing is going to make any type of difference right now. He is going to have such a hard time trying to bring the country back to what it used to be (many, many years ago). The country has been in such a mess for so long. It's like this. Say you start a new job at an office... when you arrive there, you find the previous secretary was so overwhelmed she simply could not do anything for the mess... so, she quit. She quit and left you with all the mess to clean up. How would you feel? What would you do? This is the scenerio folks, like it or not. Nothing can happen overnight. I think that people that believe "CAMPAIGN PROMISES" are now being bored with the fact that it's not happening right now. Well, this is because this generation (Especially here on cafemom) is a "Quick Fix" generation. It simply cannot work that way. There are many channels for laws. WAIT, TIME!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I feel the same way. Our society is all about the quick fix and getting it done now Now NOW!

I think it's still too early to make an honest opinion and I'll wait a little longer to see what happens.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Obama is one man. He is not the one who makes all the final decisions Guys.. If people are up on their civics, so to speak, they would realize this. But like I said, because everyone wants a quick fix, this is what is happening. Our country is not in a recession. This is bull. You are falling into media sensation. There are jobs available out there. But, people do not want these jobs. They feel they are too good for them, thus, they sit back and live off the government and unemployment. Well, wake up folks because in a couple years, there will be no such thing any more. No retirements, no social security, no public aid. Nothing. That means, you have to go out and work. YES WORK. Get up, go out and find a job. McDonald's pays.. They even have benefits. QUICK FIXES are not going to happen. I guess parents raised kids to believe that it does. Money does not buy everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I do have to ask anon where are these jobs? Even McDonallds has a long waiting list here.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• "I feel the same way. Our society is all about the quick fix and getting it done now Now NOW!
    I think it's still too early to make an honest opinion and I'll wait a little longer to see what happens. "

Ohhh I couldn't have said it better myself, dahling.

We won't get out of this mess this year, and probably not within this term. If he's elected again, who knows. Patience is a virtue, and it sucks having to wait it out, but that's what we're going to have to do. Obama has done some things that have made me not proud, but in general I still support him.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Anon 10:46, McDonalds would not pay me enough to even cover my childcare expenses, much less the gas to get there every day. So, I should work at a job that is going to COST me money, and still end up on foodstamps? That's ridiculous. Don't assume that people just don't want to work. Sometimes it's a matter of not being able to find a job that will truly pay you enough to make it. I am a single mom, my ex does not pay child support, and I have to pay $100 a week for childcare (and that is the CHEAPEST I can find), the nearest anything to me is 15 miles away, so at a minimum I'm driving 30 miles a day. My 9 yr old, used, paid off car gets about 18 miles per gallon, so I'm using roughly 2 gallons of gas a day. @ $2.49 a gallon, that's $25 a week for a 5 day week. My bills are $200 a month, plus a $900 mortgage. So, McDonalds is minimum wage, which would give me about $1000 a month. Tell me how to pay all that on McDonalds wages.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Our local Dairy Queen hired 16 people 2000 applied.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Oh, and by the way, that total is NOT including food. So, keep that in mind when you try to tell me how to make it work!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• "I do have to ask anon where are these jobs? Even McDonallds has a long waiting list here. "

Yep..

Especially where are these jobs that will hire a woman who is very obviously going into her 6th month of pregnancy? None of them want to spend the money to hire and train someone, jsut to have to possibly do it again when she leaves in a couple of months.

When I applied at a Cumberland Farms gas station, they had ONE position open. An 11pm - 7am slot. The worst one you can get, in this area.In a way we were terrified that I WOULD get the slot, this area is so dangerous at night, on a main road. But we needed the money. Guess how many people applied for that one position? About 300.

And McDonalds? When they DO have an opening, they look at college students first. Living in an area with several colleges sucks for job hunting.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 11:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• HE IS TRYING TO PASS THE MATHEW SHEPARD ACT. That is enough for me. After how many years it may actually be passed.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2009