Sex question - maybe TMI

Okay, my SO and I are a few months away from the birth of our second child. And this whole pregnancy my sex drive was thru the roof. Well after I went into preterm labor last month we haven't, and since I'm not contracting it's fine. So he wanted to yesterday and I didn't. For the first time in 4 years I didn't want to. I was shocked and confused, and I have no idea how to tell him now. Our 2 year old interrupted us a few times and so he said we'll try again this weekend while my parents have our son. I don't want to lie to him, but I just don't have the desire to be that kind of intimate with him.

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 10:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just let him know its not him if your not really into it, but that you are willing because you love him. Then just let it happen. We women tend to be responders, so once you've been kissing for awhile and getting into it, you just may find enjoyment too.
    MusicMom823

Answer by MusicMom823 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It is fully normal!
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I hear you! I hope it's normal because I want NOTHING to do with my husband right now either! I DID and then I too got bedrest- now things are okay and I am allowed to- but I have NO desire!! EEEKKK! our poor men! :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 10:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i'm not even close to having my baby & i don't want my dh to even touch me lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It is normal, just talk to him and tell him what is going on, is it fear that is keeping you from having sex, is it uncomfortable or just no desire, if it is no desire tell him you want to be with him but your sex drive is gone and may need more foreplay to get into it, try not to stress yourself out. Starting with kissing, and such might get your sexdrive back, start slow and have him do hte things you like for as long as you like. The fear of preterm labor can cause problems and decrease your sex drive...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• this is totally normal because i am kinda going through the same thing but this is my first child and I went to the hospital and I was one cm dilated and even though I have been to the dr and they said I am fully closed I still don't want to risk it.. I feel bad because I know he has needs but we both have agreed our daughter comes first
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am 1st trimester and I want NOTHING to do with sex. When I don't feel like vomiting, I am exhausted and just want to sleep! I fall asleep on the sofa all of the time. Well I think DH is getting frustrated with me. He is going to have to deal with it for now, I sure didn't do this to myself!
    catmiller520

Answer by catmiller520 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would go to the dr first and make sure it is ok to have sex. If you dont want to have sex, it might be because you are scared of going into labor. I had a huge sex drive with my first and no kidding we were having sex like 2 or 3 times a day. (that ended once i had him) Well the drs told me it was ok as long as we didn't have rough sex. Well the one thing the drs forgot to tell me is that sperm eats away at the mucus plug and i had my son at 32 weeks because my water broke. They didn't tell me that this was the reason why my water broke but the drs said that it could of been from sex. So explain to him how you are feeling and see if the dr says its ok.
    Jessi101088

Answer by Jessi101088 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009