how do you get daughter to see what boyfriend is doing is wrong

I believe her boyfriend is now or is thinking about messing around with another girl.he has known this girl longer than daughter and introduced her to current boyfriend.she is still going with boyfriend but daughters bf has visited her 3 times in last week. (over 1 hour drive )and talks late at night on phone to her. daughter LOVES him and i believe see sees this is not right. how do i talk to her HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Why do you know all this about him?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• How old is your daughter? I think you need to step back. Getting your heart broke is part of growing up. I still remember when my son was 12 the love of his life dumped him via text. He was so sad for like 2 days and then was ok. Live and learn and all that jazz.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 10:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• You don't. She needs to learn this dating thing all by herself.Be there when she needs you..But do not interfere in her relationship. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• IF YOU HAVE PROOF, THEN BY ALL MEANS COMFRONT HER WITH IT, IF YOU DON'T JUST STAY OUT OF IT.

Answer by older at 1:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• You need to cut the apron strings and let this go.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• its unfornate to say but need 2 le he see it on her own trust me ....
    babygoins09

Answer by babygoins09 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Let her learn. I know you dont wont herr to get her heart broken but thats how you learn If she doesnt learn now shell learn later the hard way.
    11.25.09

Answer by 11.25.09 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• She probably won't believe you anyway, and if you are wrong, you are going to damage your relationship with her.

I'd just keep an eye on her (make sure she doesn't through herself at him!!) and be there when she finds out, and she will find out (one of the benefits of modern technology). If the subject does come up, remain neutral and objective, not personal and attacking on her or him - and if you can, discuss the consquences of girls who give into/go with guys who cheat to get a girl back, etc. - weigh the pluses & minuses, and let her come to the (hopefully right) conclusion.
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 7:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2009