Is it ok if my baby sleeps a lot?

My 11 week old will sleep like twelve hours through the night, wake up get her diaper changed, eat, get changed again... eat a lil more and go back to sleep for like 3 hours... then take another up to 3 hour nap in the afternoon... and another short nap in the evening and by nine she's tired and ready for bed again... She wakes up to eat and her diapers are normal, so should I be worried? Or consider it a blessing?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 10:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't be worried! People try to scare me because my three year old still take a 4 horu nap daily- I say WOO HOO! AS long as food and diapers are not an issue you are okay! If you are really worried ask your Dr about it- but I asked my Dr and she just said- be happy! :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Babies sleep a lot, some more than others. As long as everything else is normal, count it a blessing.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It's a blessing. My son did the same thing.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thanks... I was starting to feel guilty for letting her sleep so much... but even when I did try to keep her awake... she waould get cranky, and was obviously tired.... Oh well, at least my house is clean...haha
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My son slept alot too and he has always been a deep sleeper even now as a young adult. Consider yourself lucky that he sleeps all night. Nothing to worry about unless he is fussy and not eating also.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009