WHY do peeple on Welfare think that they NEED $400 pool and a Wii???

I am a cashier at Walmart .....90% of people pay with a food Stamp card which is absolutely OK with me PEOPLE NEED TO EAT...I am not about to let any human starve....yes they recieve WAY too much...some over $1,000 a month and I had a record breaker last week with $2, 475.43 after she paid with her FOOD Card. That's enough to feed my family of 5 for over 6 months....any way, what ticks me off to no end is when Tues. some one bought a $400 quick set pool and a Wii and guess what she used to pay for it?? A WELFARE CARD??? OMG!!!! The total was around $600 and on the reciept said she still had almost $900 left!! WHAT THE HELL!!!! That's $1,500 a month which means she's making $18,000 a year!!!! BY sitting on her fat a**!!!! I have three kids and work my a** off to keep them alive and don't even come close to $18,000 a year?My kids don't even have the $20 pool or any groceries in our home!! That's MESSED UP!! HAD TO VENT SORRY!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• You complain on here about it but I bet you didn't have the balls to say that to them. Grow up and mind your own biz.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well..... for the short time that I was actually getting Child Support money, it came on a debit card. That money was for me to spend on the kids and if I wanted to buy them a new pool with THEIR child support money, then that is my right to do so....

You don't know why that money was on that card and you don't know the source of the funds.... and no one has to explain themselves, or their purchases to you.

You should mind your own business.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am a single mom with no support. I am working full-time and buying a house. I just bought a used car. I make $1240.00 a month. And after all my bills, like elect, water, house, insurance, phone...I have next to nothing left. I only get $99.00 a month in food stamps only. I don't get any other money on my card. So, I wonder what in the world I would have to do in order to get the money they get?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• OP here- I bet you are one of them who make more on WELFARE than those working 40+ hours a week and still are broke and can't feed their kids. I work my butt off for my kids to have what they need....maybe I should sit on my behind and live off the good, hard working people........No I have more respect for myself and others, sorry. Welfare is ok to recieve, but don't teach your kids that it's okay to abuse the system and good people for things you DO NOT need...pay some bills, buy some diapers, wipes, formula, clothes......it's not right and it never will be until someone makes a change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I dunno... I feel your point in a way, everyone's intitled to their own opinion, but you posted anon obviously for a reason cuz maybe a part of you feels like you don't have a right to comment... i applied for food stamps last week and we didn't qualify by a few dollars, no lie a few meizly bucks, so while we are struggling to afford to eat, others are reaping rewards of gov help by taking advantage far beyond what they actually need... so i guess it would tick me off too, but like anon above said I guess it's none of our biz.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• :04, I'm sure she didn't say it to them because she doesn't want to lose her job. I get where you're coming from op, I used to have to watch people swipe their welfare cards at the atm and then come to my counter and buy booze and cigarillos when I worked at a gas station. I'll never forget how mad I would get. I remember one time a woman did that, and as she was checking out her kid came up and asked her for a pack of crackers....and she told the kid she couln't afford crackers...with her congress vodka and cigarillo in hand. I don't care if people are on welfare, it's there for a reason. But COME ON!!!! Really? That's pretty rediculous.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

Isn't it nice to assume things when you know NOTHING ? SEE that is your whole problem. I am a sahm because my hubby makes 70 g's a year. You just sound like a jealous hag because you can't afford those things. Read what the 2nd poster said and learn from it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• And I'm a certified teacher btw, with my master's degree.... so not that I didn't work hard for my education so that I can work hard, but I have an 11 wk old baby and we choose to not put her in daycare.... So I stay home with her... So some people choose not to work for good reasons, not just to mooch off government.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• OP here...I am allowed to vent and have an opinion it is the United States....unless i get that taken away from me too...I'm already paying for groceries, etc. for every face I see each night and it makes me sad.....for those who really need it and their kids are going hungry evey day because their parents can't buy groceries. I have an anger for those who abuse the system and take away from the truely needy ....it's sad and I am not trying to start an argument I just wish I had an answer for those who can't make it day to day...... and those children going without and those parents heartache because they can't do more for their kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Op again - I guess what am trying to say is I wished less people abused the system and those who can't get assistance who really need it should be able too. It's not right and it's not ok for our country to let our own starve and barely get by, while some are buying un-needed things.... when that money could be used for better things. Does that make sense?? Or am I the only one with that opinion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009