If you've been induced before and they used cervidil...How often did they replace the capsule?

Also...how many did you have before they started Pitocin, if they started Pit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced using cytotec... pretty much the same thing. i think the "pill" was placed every few hours... they only used half a pill, and i'm pretty sure it was every 3 hours... if you have any other questions you can send me and email...
    MamaCarley

Answer by MamaCarley at 11:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• it depends on your progress. i had it with my 1st and they checked me 24 hours later, i had dilated to 4 cm so i didnt need another. i didnt need pitocin with my 1st bc i progressed quickly but with my 2nd they gave it to me to induce my labor right away, and i didnt need cervidil bc i went in 3 cm dilated.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• just one and it killed me! it caused the most severe pain ever. i was crying and screaming for an epidural. once you get the epidural, they give you pitocin. it was a terrible experience, being induced. 16 hours of awful augmented labor ended up in a c-section. trying an all natural hypno-birthing VBAC any day now.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• They only gave my pitocin after my water broke.... they started the cytotec at like 9pm, i got a total of 2 pills through the night, my water broke at 5:15 am and they started a pitocin drip at 6am.
    MamaCarley

Answer by MamaCarley at 11:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I had one placed at 9pm, they said I'd need more every 4 hours. They left me alone in my room and I delivered at 12:12 am w/out any dr or anyone there in the room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• sorry i keep replying.... My labor wasn't bad at all. they had a heard time inducing me because my body wouldn't let up. i had to be induced 4 weeks early... with history od miscarriage, and pregnancy related illness including low blood pressure and cholestasis they had no choice. i was only in real active labor for about 4 hours if not less (most of which i slept through). i pushed 3 times and my daughter was born. it went much better than when i had my son naturally 3 weeks late, 3 days of labor pains, 5 hours of pushing, and almost to the point of having to "push him back in" and have a c-section.
    MamaCarley

Answer by MamaCarley at 11:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well Cytotec isn't FDA approved for use on pregnant women and it warns on the box that it can cause uterine rupture and/or severe hemmoragh.

I had cytotec last time and will NEVER ever ever ever have it again because I bled out so bad I required multiple blood transfusions but my blood pressure is high so the possibility of induction in the the near future.

Cervidil and Cytotec do NOT work the same way. Cervidil is derived from pig sperm and simply helps to ripen the cervix. Cytotec can ripen the cervix but it causes contractions as well that can be dangerous.

It caused so many so quickly with me they actually removed the pill.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ANSWERS!! I appreciate it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2009