Should all Christians be judged along with the extremists (Westboro Baptist Church) as all Muslims are judged along with the extremists (terrorists)?

Seems like a double standard to me. So many people claim all Muslims are evil but them when you mention extreme Christians they get all up in arms about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personally I see Westboro as terrorist.....NOT as Christian!

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I blame the media.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Everyone should be judged on their own merits.There are extreme Christians, Muslims, Aithest, etc. There may be wonderful people in one church you walk into but you run into that one nasty Christian who condems anyone who shows up in jeans that makes you feel the entire church is that way. It's not. Same with Muslims and anyone one else. Judge them as individuals and not as a group.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• right anetrnlov......but then if you're going to say that, then you have to also agree that Al Queda (sp?) are terrorists and not Muslims too.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• LOL....that would make them sssoooo pissed off if the shoe was on the other foot. God, I am giddy at the thought. Yes, let's do it.

Ok...All bible-thumping, jesus shoving, miracle touting Christians need to be vanquished.....they always want to kill off all the Gays, other races, anyone with a mental illness...They call all persons with mental disabilities "retards"...that is just wrong.

Looky, now I am just like them. When they call all Muslims evil, god haters. And the misconception that all Muslims don't believe in their God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• WHAT!? you mean all Christians don't go around killing abortionists, picketing funerals, throwing things at people in gay pride parades, and condemning people to hell for things that have no bearing on their life or even happen in front of them? For some reason I don't believe you.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• the religion of a terrorist is terror, not muslim,not christian.Neither of those religions teach terrorizing.

But then we get into perception of ones life, and that is only something God can judge, it's damn difficult I know. But I guess it puts us back where God put us.

To keep our convenant with him and help others where they can be helped.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i think when people try to categorize specific people as all of them it becomes more of an issue of closed-mindedness... people believe what they hear and they only hear what they want so you do the puzzle..and to me WBC are terrorists and i don't even call them Christians, that's an insult to Jesus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• No one should be judged as a group, that only leads to fear and hate. Those two are the breeding grounds for ignorance. When fear takes over, it's as if there is a wall that has been built up through the generations. Education takes down the wall, brick by brick. Fear puts up a wall rows at a time. Education has to out number fear or the masses will remain ignorant.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am not sure I see too many people judge ALL muslims by the extremist. I see a lot of people SAY others do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2009