Jesus was a Jew

And if we follow christ shouldn't we do as he did(as a jew)?

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 11:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• He reformed Judaism and what he taught became a separate branch of religion. That is why people who believe in the teaching of Christ are called Christians. Also a difference is that people who are Christians believe that Christ was the son of God, while Jewish people do not believe that. There are many key differences in the two belief systems.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• first off, it's Christ, not christ. second, yes we should follow him but not too closely. follow the 10 commandments left behind for us but live your own life at the same time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There are actually three religions that stem from the teachings of Abraham, Judaism is the oldest, and then there is Christianity and Islam.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Anonymous a ten commandment is not to worship any other as God so why capitalize christ? I'm not pagan.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Mohammed taught what christ taught, everyone is quick to see how that was destorted, but of course christians are innocent at anything.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• why capitalize jew in that case?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Another thing anonymous, that where extremeeist stem off, people like you who feel that everyone has to beleive what you beleive.

I'm looking for facts.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• IraqiVetWife, I'm sure that anon meant Christ should be capitalized because he is lord of whatever, but technically it should be capitalized because it's a noun if for no other reason.  Not that I would really care about that type of thing on Cafemom.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Jew is a race and culture and religion.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thanks ajquinn. I can see in person I 'd be able to have a nice debate and not a fight lol.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2009