How many people on cafemom

aren't mothers? I'm just curious. I know a couple, and I just saw a post by someone who isn't a mother.

Asked by ajguinn at 11:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I'm not a mommy but I have a best friend who is. I don't see why I shouldn't be on here. Technically I consider myself a mommy (to 3 dogs who are spoiled rotten and are my babies.) And who's to say that someday I won't be... Why not prepare myself? Also I think that being on here allows me to be a better friend to my friends with children. It helps me to see how mothers feel and what they are afraid of. I feel like I can give better advice since I know the train of thought of a lot of mommies. I think it helps me to be a better daughter because now i know how mothers feel about a wide spectrum of things.
    By the way. To all the moms reading this. Keep up the good work! You ladies are amazing and have the hardest job on the planet. I have a lot of respect for all of you. ;)

Answer by keb7 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• mother to a well lets see a 10yr old(thought menopause)24 yr old.single no kids and 30 yrs old married 1 i have run the i guess i am mom and grandmom(nana)

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Good question. Isn't this Cafe MOM? Why would someone who's not a mother be here?

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Because we're all women and a mom runs a wide spectrum. It could be you're the mom to the kid down the street. You're single and thinking of becoming a mom. When my daughter was in High School I was mom to 10 girls age 15-19! The entire color guard considered me their mom.

I also tend to think of Cafemom as a place for women to come together without men around and support each other.

Answer by baconbits at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I didn't say it bothered me or anything baconbits, just to make myself clear. I was just wondering. My best friend has an account on here and she isn't a mom, she just likes to follow my posts.

Answer by ajguinn at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well you could be a mommy to be, or a grandma. I would think it would be pretty boring to be on here if your not a mom. Just me I guess.

Answer by teamquinn at 1:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I believe there are some men on here, too, who are acting as mom to their children. I would think the questions about periods and mucus plugs might not be of interest, but on child raising they are probably very helpful.

Answer by Bmat at 1:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009