What kind of programs/activities can I put my daughter in that will teach her leadership skills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• is there any Masonic relations in your family.. if there is then I would proudly suggest Job's Daughter's (the o is a long o) or rainbow girls.. I was a jobie from the day I was born.. not really but I knew I was always going when I turned 11 then changed the age to 10 but if you want anymore info feel free to message me and I can help get you set up with someone in your area =]
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My daughter is participating in 4H and Girl Scouts.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• People to People is a great organization based out of DC that promotes "Leaders of Tomorrow" ... their programs go to the Supreme Court, Congress, etc.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 12:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Leadership comes from self-confidence. Volunteer work, an improvisation class, dance or yoga; anything to raise self-esteem in a positive manner.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I agreed with rkoloms (above post). Have her organize a charitable event with friends, kids from school over the summer and give her recognition for doing a great job! See families giving back here  http://www.cjkidz.com/familesgivingback.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i have a son and i put him in cub scouts and that is teaching him a lot so maybe girlscouts or brownies. or maybe your local church has activities during the summer that could teach leadership?
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My personal opinion is that you can't really teach leadership skills. It's like charisma..you either have it or you don't. I took dance, gymnastics, girlscouts, etc. and can't say that it did anything at all to make me a leader.
    Anonymous

• Horseback riding. I cannot stress this enough. I was a very introverted child and learning how to ride, work with, and care for a 1,000lb animal was one of the most empowering things I've ever done. Learning how to control and say no to a horse taught me how to stand up to my bully of a brother. The women I know who rode horses as girls seem confident and able to handle difficult situations.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2009