• In the Spotlight:

Did you know that The US has the most bloated vaccine schedule?

Japan, Sweden, Denmark are some of the countries that give less vaccines to babies "half of the amount that USA gives"
Is our country so full of diseases that our children need so many vaccines?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "I would like to know just one thing about the vaccines. Why mothers who choose not to vaccinated keep claiming that their kids are OK."

My son is closing in one is first birthday without a single vaccination. He is more than OK, he is perfectly healthy! Why? Well it could be because most of his diet is organic so his immune system is working efficiently. It could be because we keep our butts home during flu season and only go out and about when we need to. It could be because we are diligent about keeping our home clean. It could be because we don't over use anti-biotics so his body is allowed to build a natural immunity - proven to be more effective against infection. It could be because we didn't vaccinate and inject his body with formaldehyde, aluminum, thimerosal, benzethonium chloride, beta-propiolactone, monkey kidney cells, human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue, vesicle fluid from calf skins just to name a few
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 5:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I haven't researched it, but I was told that the old vaccines containedone or two strained of each disease, but now they put as many multiple strains as they can get into each shot over extending the poor kids' immune system.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thank you Big Pharma. It's less about protecting people and more about making money. Welcome to Capitalism.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Actually, if this is true (and I haven't researched it) then other countries would be giving FEWER vaccines, not LESS. But anyway, I'm not always so quick to jump on the Pharmaceutical companies. I think a lot more people than just those companies are responsible. JMHO...

Besides, if you don't like the number of vaccines required then just don't get them, seems pretty simple to me. Each country is different as to what they are exposed to anyway. I'm not saying the US should be giving the number of vaccines that they do. I'm just saying that not all countries are the same.

Anonymous

• I delay and selectively vaccinate. I feel children are given too many vaccines in too little of a time, but im not going to knock on the women who get their childrens vaccines on time, and I would hope they wouldnt do it to me either. :) It's all personal preference....
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I do believe in vaccines. My children's pedi. is the famous Dr. Leila Denmark, who developed the whooping cough vaccine (pertussis.) She believed whole-heartedly that vaccines are what saved childrens lives in the beginning of our last century.

Nowadays, it seems more like we have to worry about WHAT is IN the vaccine that can harm. In my research of vaccines a few years back, it has been recognized that not all vaccines are given on a correct schedule.

For instance, Pertussis cannot and does not give any immunity before 5 months of age. You can give it at birth, at 1 mo., 2 mo., 3 mo. but it does NOT build immunity. Odd isn't it? Yet the CDC and health dept. and the AAP continues to use the wrong schedule. Why? And we wonder why children still get whooping cough in many states? I have talked to the CDC about this and they will admit to the hundreds of cases each year, but still will not change the schedule. :(
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Bexi, good plan. That's thinking for yourself. :) Now finding doctors that won't berate you for not following their schedule is another issue.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think we need some foreign mom who could verify the OP statement?
    Anonymous

• "Bexi, good plan. That's thinking for yourself. :) Now finding doctors that won't berate you for not following their schedule is another issue."

My boys are on Medicaid, so they sent me a huge list of peditricians to choose from. I let them choose for me... I know that couldve been a bad situation, but I ended up with a WONDERFUL Pediatrician. Shes very caring and respectful of how I would like my children to receive the vaccines and on other situations as well. Ive seriously been blessed with her.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I do think US has the most inflated vaccine schedule. It's sad, because our children are also rapidly developing more and more health problems as well. It's kind of scary, but I can also confirm, from first-hand experience, that most other countries do NOT follow US's vaccine schedule. (I have family in a number of countries in Europe who have shown me their vaxxing schedule).
    sweetsea07

Answer by sweetsea07 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009