• In the Spotlight:

when you loose your mucus plug does it come out all at one time or daily bit by bit

this is my first child and im loosing my mucus plug but it comes out bit by bit everyday can someone plz help me understand this lol thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most of the time its little by little you may notice a discharge you never noticed before
    HomeSuccess09

Answer by HomeSuccess09 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• That's completely normal!

With my first I lost it in big old chuncks every time I had a bowl movement. This time I've had 2 really tiny pieces come out and then yesterday when I peed in a cup at my OB appointment I lost a HUGE chunk of it RIGHT IN THE CUP!!

It was SO embarrasing because it wasn't like I was going to retrieve it from the pee so I had to tell the nurse it was in there!

Anyway some women loose little pieces over several weeks, some loose it in one big chunk weeks before labor begins and others loose it either way during labor.
    Anonymous