What natural things can I do to get my cervix to efface more and dilate?

I'm not trying to start contractions just yet but if I could get my cervix effaced and dilated a little more that would be great.

I know this sounds odd but if I have to be induced (possible medical issue requiring induction) I want to increase my chances of it working and from everything I've read if the cervix isn't ripe enough your chances of a c-section are through the roof!!

If it comes down to it and my doctor suggest induction we are going to try natural methods such as nipple stimulation to bring on labor first but that again requires the cervix to be ripe.

I know about sperm and evening prime rose oil but are there any others. We are having intercourse frequently and allowing the seamen to sit. I can't do the EPO because it thins the blood and I already have a excessive bleeding risk during delivery.

Any information would be great! THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wait...... sorry, time is the only sure fire way to do it without medical intervention!
    Anonymous

• OK...I understand that...however...I'm having a medical issue that could make it dangerous for my pregnancy to continue. I would MUCH rather do this naturally if it comes to that than to be pumped full of Pitocin.
    Anonymous

• sex and e.p.o. is the only thing i know that would really soft and thin out your cervix.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• sex! semen as prostlagdins (or however the hell you spell it!) in it that help to soften and ripen the cervix!
    Get your groove on and let your S/O put his "goods" in there, then doze and take a quick nap to let the semen do it's work!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009