some of my mucus plug came out, and it was kinda watery, it wasnt really mucusy like it has been, it was like watered down... is that a good thing or a bad thing? and is that " normal " ?

mommy201988

Asked by mommy201988 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It may or may not be a problem.

How far along are you?
    Anonymous

• im going to be 37 weeks on sat
    mommy201988

Answer by mommy201988 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Then I wouldn't worry. Sometimes when it's watery and your before 36 weeks it's a cause for concern because it means that you MAY (not a guarentee) have a amniotic fluid leak.

If you noticed a watery discharge that continues than your water may have broke. Some women just have increased discharge that seems more watery at the end of pregnancy and that's OK to.
    Anonymous

• oh ok.. im new at this pregnancy and labor thing, but when it come time to take care of the baby im fine...... so im in the dark about labor, so some things kinda freak me out, and i start to panic
    mommy201988

Answer by mommy201988 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• totally normal..i had that too, your body is just gettin ready.....good luck n god bless:)
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would call L&D when my water broke it was just trickles of fluid- I was over concerned about everything so I called my doctor saying I either peed or my water broke she told me to go in and I did, sure as shit it was my water bag and it was just a day over 38 weeks.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• That sounds like your water broke to me. Have you been to the doctor since that happened?
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2009