Obama speaks of evil at a former Nazi concentration camp...

...do you think his visit will bring religious tensions amoung the Jewish and Germans people who lost family during this time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It shouldn't
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I haven't heard his speech so I can't comment on that at this time.  However he is a very intelligent and articulate man so I can't see that he would ever say anything ignorant or inflammatory. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Those camps were and are pure evil. And the ppl that did those horrific acts to my family and my fellow Jews, are evil. If anyone in Germany gets upset over Obama's speech, IMO they must not be right in the head.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It shouldn't. Germans are just as horrified by what happened and that is a sad misunderstanding. I have a German friend that had to take a field trip to Dachau to understand the horror of that history when she was younger. It isn't a high point in their culture, that is for sure and it doesn't define them today.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Definately not. I an an American living in Germany. The Germans hate that the Holocaust happened.
    moonlitfairy

Answer by moonlitfairy at 1:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2009