Contractions have stopped what is the best thing to do?

Okay so this is has never happened to me before this is baby number 3 and I was for sure I was starting labor last night. I had contractions strong ones that made my face cringe every 4 mins lasting about 30-40 sec. from 12am to 7:30 am and they just stoped what should I do to get them going again and why would the stop?

ashleejo

Asked by ashleejo at 12:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get up and walk...let gravity help.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I know it sounds bad but sex sex and more sex and walking
    Anonymous

• doctors will call it "false labor" and midwives call it "practice labor" -- i say, you were having real contractions, if they were strong and stayed constant for that long of time...but, for some reason it stopped. have no idea why... same thing happened to me awhile back. i'll be 41 weeks on Sunday, still waiting for the real deal!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• it sucks this didnt happen with my last 2 pregnancies and im not sure if walking is gunna help if im not having them at all.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 12:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009