My daughters birthday is in August but I want to invite her school friends to her party..

Should I make a sign up list at school to get everyones address? I'm not sure how it works! Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, I would ask her to pick several of her friends that you know she enjoys and plays with well. One of the biggest mistakes I see young families do is creating a party situation where a very young child is put in the situation to host a large crowd. They simply are not mature enough to play well, fairly and be kind to too many. Its overwhelming emotionally.

I've always suggested having as many children as the child's age. For your child that would be 3 close friends. If she can't choose, then you pick from ones you've seen play well together, who are learning to have good manners and have parents that are training their children well to be nice and kind to others. Rude children ruin every party.

Call their parents, or send a cute invite from the computer. Do something simple with this age, like play dress up and have a tea. OR have it at a local park and let them play on the swings, etc. and have a nice picnic.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Sit down with your daughter and write down the names of the children she would like to come. I agree with the pp - keep the party small, don't try to invite everyone in the class. Once you have a list try to track down those parents in the pick-up, drop-off mess and get the number from them. You can let them know why up front, you can even give them a "pre-invitation" that gives the date of the party and says that more details will follow. If you can't track down some of the parents, you can give the pre-invitation to the child and ask them to give it to mommy. Put your phone number on it and a note asking the mom to call you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009